Tour Our Chesterfield Dental Office
The History of Wildhorse Dental
Our rich tradition in the community is often one of best kept secrets of Chesterfield. Dr. Earl Larson established his practice in Chesterfield in 1989 after practicing in St. Charles County with his brother Dr. Tim Larson for six years. In 1990 he moved his practice to the now demolished Walnut Grove buildings on Long Road. In 2011 when the building he was located in was demolished to make way for the completion of the Monarch levee, he was lucky enough to obtain the old St. Thomas Church building which he has converted into a modern dental office with all the high technology features you would expect from one of the leading dentists in the area.
The History of the St. Thomas Church Building
On October 7, 1907, Rev. Gustav Adolf Zimmer, pastor of St. Johns Evangelische Kirche at Bellefontaine, Missouri, conducted the first service of worship for the people who were to become St. Thomas United Church of Christ. A small group of faithful people met for worship in the building that housed Henry Wetzel’s Mercantile Company in Gumbo, Missouri. On December 22, 1907, those people officially organized themselves into St. Thomas Evangelische Kirche of Gumbo.
Land for the original church building was donated and on November 1, 1908, the cornerstone was laid for the sanctuary that was to serve the congregation for 50 years. In fact, a picture of the original church building hangs in the main dining area of the Old Spaghetti Factory in Chesterfield Commons.
In 1957, the Evangelical and Reformed churches united with the Congregational Christian churches to form the new denomination and identity of the United Church of Christ. (To learn more about the United Church of Church of Christ, check out the denomination’s website at ucc.org.)
In 1970, with a new name, St. Thomas United Church of Christ, and land for a new building, St. Thomas’ congregants built their current church on the highest hill in Chesterfield at 17842 Wild Horse Creek Road.